In December 2022, the government approved the capping of electricity and gas prices also for large enterprises. The capped prices will be applied to gas and electricity deliveries made in the period between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
In order to apply the capped energy price, it is necessary to provide your energy supplier with a Customer Declaration according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s published model. The applicant must submit this declaration to the supplier by no later than the end of the calendar month preceding the month for which it wants to begin applying the capped prices. This means that in order to claim the capped price from February, the declaration must be delivered by January 31, 2023. The exception is applying the capped price from January, when the declaration must be delivered by January 15, 2023.
- All entities connected to the low voltage level have all their electricity consumption capped.
- Large enterprises connected at the higher voltage level are capped at 80 % of the highest consumption for the assessed calendar month in the past five years.
- The cap is set at CZK 5 per kWh, excluding VAT.
- All entities with an annual gas consumption of up to 630 MWh have all their gas consumption capped.
- Large enterprises with an annual gas consumption of over 630 MWh are capped at 80 % of the highest consumption for the assessed calendar month in the past five years.
- The cap is set at CZK 2.50 per kWh, excluding VAT.